Friday, September 18, 2015

Feeling Discouraged......

    


     Being this is an open post, I want to take the time and express my thoughts from the last couple of days.  Lately, I have been feeling like nothing is going right, and somehow I am going to fail. I have always wanted nothing more but to succeed, unfortunately, life always seems to have another route for me. I live my life with all of my dreams in mind, I try to never lose sight of what I really want. I use my dreams as my motivation, and I tell myself everyday that I can accomplish it all. However, there are always those people that tend to make me second guess myself. As I am sure that this happens to everyone.
     Right now I am in the process of trying to better myself  by getting a second job, and it is extremely hard. I am also a Certified Nursing Assistant, and I have been trying to find a job to do this at night, but employers look at me and say I am qualified, yet lacking experience. Once I heard this I wanted to give up, I was discouraged, and I was thinking of going back in retail. I knew that I had an appointment today with another company, but after being discouraged I just wanted to give up.. Then today at work, as I was talking to the teacher that I work with, she made me realize that one person saying what they believed is not what everyone believes. So, right then I decided that I was going to go to this appointment.  I get there and meet this really nice guy, who happens to be the manager. He tells me everything about the company, and then he asked me for my experience. For a moment I was speechless because I feared I was going to get turned down once more. However, after I told him my experience he said that is not a problem, everyone starts somewhere and I will train you. Just then a smile came across my face because I was given a chance.
    Point is, when someone tells you that you do not have enough experience, or even when it comes to school and no one believes in you; believe in yourself and never give up. Take the time to show people that you are willing to go the extra mile, show them that you are willing to give your all, and show them that you are survivor. As the quote above states, "If plan A doesn't work, the alphabet has 25 more letters."
      I believe this relates to everything that we are doing now, and everything that we are going to be doing as educators. From other staff members to possibly even students, we will be judged, questioned, and we might even be ran out of the classroom. Yet, as long as we are not discouraged and lose track of our dreams, then we will be achievers.





















6 comments:

  1. Hey Chelsy! First of all, I am so happy that you did not give up on your dreams! It is so important to remember that our trials are only temporary. I was really inspired by your uplifting message and I'm sure others were too. As well, it is funny that you quoted Fredrick Douglass because I just finished reading part of his slave narrative for another class. He really was a memorable man and speaker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was really worried reading the beginning of your post just now, but I saw the quotes you had, so I was hoping for a positive resolution. I’m so glad your dreams are consistently inspiring you and guiding you. Also that you found the inspiration and hope to continue. It makes me happy to hear that someone is going to help you, and he is absolutely right. And so are you, with your attitude and determination, you can most certainly succeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that is what educators are---opportunity creators. Some kids make it easy for us and some don't and they are the ones who most need that door opened each and everytime! Glad you are tenacious! You need that in life, teaching, and nursing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that is what educators are---opportunity creators. Some kids make it easy for us and some don't and they are the ones who most need that door opened each and everytime! Glad you are tenacious! You need that in life, teaching, and nursing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chelsy, your post is inspiring and something I needed to read since I, too, have felt like giving up recently. I love your positive attitude and outlook on life. Never stop going after your dreams. You can't let anyone stop you from living your life the way you want to live it. Most beginning teachers give up after a few years, but it is up to us to see the bigger picture, which is that we are making a difference in many lives. Good luck with the new opportunity you have been given!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chelsy, it's great that you're able to find tenacity within yourself despite the struggles you're dealing with right now. I can definitely emphasize with your difficulties with getting hired--it seems like every place refuses to hire if you don't have experience, but you can't get experience without working! It's the worst kind of catch-22. I love the quotes you've supplemented your blog post with; they definitely give the post a hopeful tone. -Emily Trencher

    ReplyDelete