Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Today's Thoughts

     This week a lot has taken place and I can say that I am exhausted, but I am managing to get everything finished, including this blog. I was at work thinking about what I was going to write about, and my mind kept going back to food, and how awesome it is. Then something happened,  one of my students amazed me. She is a busy body and it is hard for her to keep still, yet she is awesome. She will try to be in the adult conversations, and wonders what is taking place. She is bossy, and loves to tell people what to do, however she is extremely smart. Today, we was working on rhyming words (I work with 3rd & 4th graders in ESE) and she was going through them so fast, like it was easy for her. Then, when it was time for math, once again she sped through it. You are probably wondering why I am amazed, well it is because usually she cannot focus, and today I seen a different part of her. As a teachers assistant I can that I am extremely proud of the progress that she is making.
    As I was writing about this student, I thought about how awesome my entire class is. They all have so much potential, and give their best. However, everyone has their off days, including us. Speaking of off days, one of our students is autistic and he tends to get mad fairly easy. Well, yesterday the teacher that I work with was joking with him, and as the entire class became quite, he shouted "Hell No!" We were all in shock because it was unexpected, the teachers did not know whether to laugh or to be serious. I have to say I laughed because of the reasoning behind it  The teacher told him to redo a math test on I-Ready from earlier and apparently he does not like math very well, that's when he shouted. If you are wondering, the teacher did pull him to the side and they had a little talk, and he said he will not do it again. So then today, he was having a grumpy day, then before centers he stated that he had a good day because he did not curse. 
    I could keep going on with stories about my days at work, but I would probably be here all night. It might sound weird, but I get happy just thinking about my students, I care for them and their achievements. I have learned so much since I started working there and I am thankful for the people that I have worked with. I look forward to finishing my education so I can become the teacher that I am learning how to be. Until then, I have my hands full with the students that I work with now.







2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are already making an impact and changing lives! Good work! There stories keep me going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think it's weird that your students bring you happiness, and that you care so much for them! It's the sign of a true, passionate teacher. That's where a lot of educators get their strength to keep going, in spite of the hardships they face daily.
    I loved hearing your story with the student who really didn't want to do his math work. Honestly, at that age, I wouldn't be able to tell you whether or not I'd laugh or remain serious, but I can tell you I laughed when reading it! Great post, and always let your students keep you happy!

    ReplyDelete