Sunday, December 6, 2015

The End!

  • What you learned about yourself as a writer?
   When starting the blog I thought that I was going to be horrible at it, however I thought it was a great idea. It was a place that I could write for class and possibly after class. I believe that this course has made an impact of how I write from here on out. I say this because this is the first course that I have taken like this and it opened me up to so much. I learned a few things about myself as a writer too. I learned that every writer is different and for some it might take a litter longer for one to figure out exactly what it is they want to write.

  • What you learned about digital writing?
   As for digital writing, I have learned that it is a great way for assignments, and expression. I do not really like writing in class because I feel like I do not have enough time to think about what I want to say. Yet, with digital writing I have plenty of time to put my thoughts together. As for expression, I was able to use digital writing as a place for expression, and even though it is public I felt like I was able to use my experiences to help someone else.

  • What lessons you can take to classroom or share with future teachers about integrating blogging into instruction?
    I would use digital writing in my classroom because I feel like the students will not be pressured to write in class or on a piece of paper. They will be able to use technology to turn in an assignment. I believe that students in middle or high school will enjoy having their own blogs, and they will be more likely to complete their assignments, especially if it is an open post. I believe this allows students to be creative and sometimes that is all they want to do, is to be creative. I believe every teacher should use digital writing with their students, even if it just a simple post. 
  • Challenges? Successes
 The first blog was a challenge only because I did not know how to work a blog. Yet, as the time went on I found myself excited to write. I believe the use of the blog was a huge success, and I have thought about starting another blog.






4 comments:

  1. I am glad that you were able to grow as a writer through this experience. I think the key is to be ok figuring it out as you go along. Good work with your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I also found the digital format appealing for writing! I felt that I could be free with my writing because it was my own personal blog. I'm happy that you had a good time blogging as well! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had issues with the first blog as well! I really like the WordPress blogging platform! I do agree with you that middle and high school students love the blogging format! They love technology and would really like their work to be published on a digital format!

    ReplyDelete